Saturday, May 5, 2007

Week on of my website

The following entry is about the first week of my website bigdaveonsports.com.


The first week of this site has been an interesting one.

My work load has increased ten fold, as I keep up with my writing assignments for various internet outlets, and try to keep fresh, interesting content on Big Dave on Sports. At the same time it has been a great week as I now have a medium which I completely control.

Luckily for me it has been a sports week full of news. The draft, the sweep of the Heat by the baby Bulls, the early ejection of the Mavs, and the Michael Vick story. In fact I have not even been able to keep up with all of the news and now find my self stuck with Chris Carpenter on my fantasy baseball team.

My hope for this site is that I can deliver fresh and original stories and features about sports. The internet is full of the same opinions echoed over and over. Hopefully, sports fans can come here for a change, even if they do not agree with me and speak amongst each other about these ideas on my forum. After all that is why sports have held their popularity in our culture for so long. They are activities that almost anyone can be an expert on. They make all of us into pundits and talking heads, and we love that feeling of relevance.

So I hope this website offers you a space where you can read and speak freely about sports. My hope is that it grows into a place that is not like the mainstream outlets, with there game break downs and their vanilla analysis of sporting world issues.

No comments: